136th Arkansas Valley Fair
Race Horse Meet
Friday August 16th and Saturday August 17th 2013
Rocky Ford, Colorado
Enter at the fair grounds from 6-8pm (719-254-6666) the evening prior to the race.
for additional information please call the fair office 719-254-7723
Friday Races Saturday Races
Entry Added Entry Added
Fee Purse Fee Purse
Gate 2 Yr Old $100 $400 Gate 2 Yr Old $100 $400
3 Yr Old $100 $400 3 Yr Old $100 $400
220 Yd Open $100 $400 220 Yd Open $100 $400
3/8 Mi Open $100 $400 3/8 Mi Open $100 $400
5/8 Mi Open $100 $400 5/8 Mi Open $100 $400
1/2 Mi & 70 Yd $150 $400 1 Mi & 70 Yd $150 $400
Saddle 220 Adult $50 $300 Saddle 220 Adult $50 $300
Kids Shetland Pony $40 $150 Kids Shetland Pony $40 $150
Small Pony $40 $150 Small Pony $40 $150
220 Yd Open $40 $150 220 Yd Open $40 $150
3/8 Mi Open $40 $150 3/8 Mi Open $40 $150
3-Horse Relay $100 $300 3-Horse Relay $100 $300
(3 Horse Field) (3 Horse Field)
RACE LIMITED TO PURSE MONEY AVAILABLE AND HORSES ON GROUNDS
Added purse money subject to change on availability
Friday feature race 1/2 Mi and 70 yds - $1,000 Purse and Blanket
Saturday feature race 1 Mi and 70 yds Watermelon Derby - $1,500 and Blanket
Buckle to Leading Jockey, Trainer and Owner
RV full service available by calling City of Rocky Ford 719-254-7414
1. A minimum of a four (4) horse field will be required to run. Races offered may be subject to change.
2. Payoff Splits - *50% 30% 20%
3. No sex allowance.
4. All entries must be paid in cash prior to race. Non refundable entry fee after the draw for your race.
5. Racing committee reserves the right to change the order of the program, reject an entry, or call off any race for bad weather or insufficient number of entries or remove from grounds any horse owner, trainer or jockey.
6. Racing committee is not responsible for any accidents that might occur on the grounds and entrance thereon will be at your own risk.
7. All horses must run under color.
8. Each horse and rider must have numbers properly displayed. Owners will be held responsible for number and any number not returned and in the hands of the number man five minutes after the race is over will be charged with a fine of five dollars ($5.00) and $25.00 for failure to return colors.
9. All races will be started with a mechanical closed starting gate and the first eight drawn entries will close a race. Entries failing to be drawn will be placed on a preferred list.
10. Upon race call all horses will be paraded in front of the grandstand according to position numbered, behind Fair Queen. Races will be run on a strict time schedule and anyone failing to cooperate will be disqualified.
11. All horses must be broke to starting gate before entering.
12. The Paddock Judge, Chief Steward or Starter has the right to send any horse to the barn, take off any jockey or disbar him for the duration of this race meet.
13. Racing committee reserves the right to remove any jockey out of the money.
14. ALL HORSES WILL RUN UNDER OWN NAME. FAILURE TO DO SO, OWNER AND HORSE WILL BE BARRED.
15. Races offered may be subject to change. Minimum of a 4 horse field will be required to run.
16. No tattos will be allowed in saddle or kids races.
17. No alcohol on premises, only in designated areas.
POINT SCHEDULE FOR OWNERS, TRAINERS AND JOCKEYS
1st place 10 points 2nd place 7 points 3rd place 4 points
Points will be awarded to owner, trainers and jockeys for placing in gate races only.
Points will be accumulated over both days of the meet.
UNIDENTIFIED OWNERS, TRAINERS AND JOCKEYS WILL NOT BE AWARDED POINTS FOR HIGH POINT BUCKLES.
Portable Stalls..............................Adobe Stalls
NO fee on the portable stalls. First come first serve basis for renytal of Adobe Stalls limited to 40 stalls,
(Rental of adobe stalls please call City of Rocky Ford Randy Smart 719-468-3176